Thursday, June 25, 2009

H1N1 in schools

Thanks to H1N1, all the schools in Singapore are having a hard time.
Was in school these few days, calling up EVERY SINGLE student's parents, to ask them 5 standard questions that doctors usually asked, as well as to remind them to check letterbox and fill up a travel declaration form, AND to ensure that their kids bring thermometers to school next mon! Wow...... sounds simple ar? But can you imagine repeating them for 35 times in a day?!!! And at the cost of your own handphone bills! At the risk of your handphone number made known to the parents where they might call u in the middle of your sweet dreams in the future!

Some parents who are in the middle of work sounds very hostile when they get the call. A father said this harshly over the phone, “我很忙嘞,小姐!你可以直接问我儿子!……”and went on blubbering what time he has got to leave for work, what time he can only reach home , how tough his work is , blar blar blar…… I thought he said he's very BUSY?! We're busy too and he just goes on and on 发泄心中的不满。This call took the longest, more than 15 min!

Haha..... I think after 20 calls, my 语速 is amazingly FAST! Usually each call is about 2 min, but after about 20 calls, I can actually say all that in 20 sec! Woo........ wonder if I had convey the msg clearly to the parent?

After 2 days, I think the parents already got irritated by the teachers, especially when they have 3 or more kids who are still schooling and they had to receive more than 3 calls by 3 different teachers.

But then……what can we do in times of crisis such as this?

现代教师的苦恼,
实在真不少。
平时除了上课的烦恼,
还得时常双眼盯电脑。
如今H1N1传全岛,
大家应该少点儿往外跑。
但是学生不听你的劝告,
害得老师师天天拨电把他们找,
忙得三餐不能温饱。
这样下去怎么得了?!!!

No comments: