Friday, January 16, 2009

Facial Horror

All along, for the past 20 years, I never had to worry about my face. Unlike many youths, I did not have pimples or acne problem. I did not even use any facial cleanser until about 3 years ago when I realised that all my friends were all doing 皮肤保养. This morning was the only time that I dare not lift up my face.

It all dates back to mid July last year when I took my Grandma to the clinic for her checkup. While waiting for e queue, I took a walk around and was "caught" by a skin care solution centre(D---- F-----). The lady talked on and on and on, first criticising my face condition den when I tried to walk away she went on to say that she's a 陪读妈妈 who was cheated of some money by the agent and had to work hard to support her child as well as to return e money that she had borrowed back in China............. My heart soften as she reminds me of my parents when they first came to Singapore. So I bought a $68 voucher from her.

I had almost forgotten about e voucher until earlier this month when I was clearing my cupboard. So, I went for e DNA Facial Therapy yesterday. I wasn't very experienced about it. So, I don't really know about their skill. I only felt some 刺痛的感觉 when she was cleaning my face. I told her about it and she assured me that it's safe. The whole process wasn't as enjoyable as I imagined . After about 1.5h, it's done but she didn't give me a mirror to look at the effect. I didn't know the condition of my face until I reached home. My mother who seldom comment on my face (cos I don't have much face problem before) gasped as if I'm an alien! I looked into e mirror and was HORRIFIED! My face was red and swollen! There was also many BIG holes. I'm not joking, each hole is about 1cm huge. It was the first time that I saw my face with pimpled-like scars.

My face was aching the whole night. The 刺痛 was much more unbearable when I wash my face. I dare not use a towel, can only pat it slightly with water.

This morning in school, all my classmates were all asking what had happened to my face overnight!Can u imagine the 恐怖样?It must be very bad to have arouse such curiosity among my friends. SP and YR told me to go back to the centre to double-check with them cos it's abnormal to have such effect after facial cleaning.

The boss happens to be there today. I had a small talk with her but she still insists that it's normal for e reaction on my face. She said the lady who did it for me was very experienced and she must have good intentions for pricking so deep into the skin. She must have want me to look my best for e Chinese New Year....... She went on and on.............

Later, when she heard that I was using L'oreal and not their products, they started to blame L'oreal and the fact that I was not using their products. She assured me that many people who had very bad skin conditions all recover very fast and that if I had use theirs, my skin would be better. I felt so 委屈, cos unlike e photos that she showed me, I had no pimples, freckles or wrinkles. I'm just a bit dark and that's quite normal cos Singapore is very sunny all year round and I had just came back from China. The cold breeze had darken my skin a bit more.

But still, I couldn't outtalk them and was coerced into buying their product which was very expensive - $244 for 50ml scar healing cream! How I regretted purchasing the voucher! Altogether cost more than $300 and had such BIG ANGPOW for pre Chinese New Year present. I'm definitely not going back there again!

Sincere advice to all my friends: Never trust the promoters! And no sympathy for them no matter what they say.

No comments: