Right after our 10 week practicum, we had to attend a pre-teaching induction.
For the first week, we had to travel all the way to Boon Lay early in the morning.
For the first week, we had to travel all the way to Boon Lay early in the morning.
In order to ensure that all graduating trainee teachers attend all the talks and functions, we had to sign in and out every day, every session. There's a little confusion and inconvenience once in a while.
To make sure that our stomach will not ptotest in the middle of talks, MOE had arranged for tea breaks in between talks, that is every 1.5 to 2h of talks, we'll have free buffet. The food's not bad. MOE 真是设想周到,咖啡和食物绝对是必需品。没有了咖啡,讲堂里一定会传来响亮的呼噜声……没办法啦,有些talks 虽然重要,但是有点单调、沉闷。
I would definitely agree that these few days' talks are all very important. Though some talks are dry and boring, there are some speakers who can really put the message across to us in a fun and interesting way. One of the speakers that I admire most is J.Goh. He's a great speaker! Definitely, he's a authentic Singaporean, and a Baba leh. He uses quite a bit of Singlish and also attracts e audience with his own personal experiences. I feel that his 7-ups and the 5 Love Languages are rather useful.
7-ups in life:
1. Wake-up 勇敢面对改变
2. Look-up 积极 Opportunity is NoWhere; Opportunity is NowHere.
3.Reach up 向上努力
4. Lift up 鼓励他人、做好榜样
5. Wise up 改掉坏习惯、近朱者赤,近墨者黑
6. Fire up 坚持不懈
7. Act up 心动不如行动
the 5 Love Languages:
1. Words of Affirmation 鼓励、肯定的话语有谁不爱听?
2. Quality Time 不在乎天长地久,只要曾经拥有
3. Receiving Gifts 废话,有谁会跟礼物说不呢?
4. Acts of service 动口不如动手;光说不做,有什么用?
5. Physical Touch 来个爱的拥抱吧!
听了J Goh 的话,我又对教书充满了热忱。
The other speaker whom I really respect is the senior teacher from Xishan Pri. Despite so many years in teaching, she's still got that passion! She's a great example for the very often use phrase"teaching is a calling". After hearing what she said, I think I can really feel that teaching is really a "holy" job and I think I can do it! Haha......she's really good at encouraging people. I'm so inspired by her. Maybe in a few years time, I'll be like her. Haha....... 想想很容易啦!不过,有想好过完全不想! hehe =)
我们四年来的招牌图案……
"V" is for "victory"!
我们终于要毕业了!看一看,这四年来,我们成长了多少?
也来拍一张学校的“老师排阵”。
放松一下吧!

我的死党。三人行,必有我师。
No comments:
Post a Comment