Monday, November 24, 2008

1st day in Taiwan

Our flight was at 1pm, but we thought we need to change the online booking receipt for a boarding pass, so we met earlier. Checked in our luggage at abt 11.30am before going for lunch at the foodcourt(T1, B1). The other 3 gals seemed very worried about their luggage weight. Haha, as expected, mine is only 7kg, half of what they had. Ok, I shall keep it trim and fit throughout the trip. I don't wanna pay a heavy fine for it.

Jerine was still sick, her mum seemed very worried.
We checked in at abt 12.30pm. Haha, my thumb was too dry and the system was unable to recognise it after several tries. I nearly had to lick it. But……being a 文明人, I went to the counter to do it the traditional way. But, I saw someone wearing NTU jacket blowing his thumb!!!

plane that we took

另外3个初生之犊不畏虎的“女冒险家”哈哈!

Outside food is stictly forbidden on Jetstar planes. The food that they sold was too ex, so 我忍忍忍…… but Jerine was sick so she ordered a 150ml of mineral water at SG$3.


The flight took 1h40min. We reached 台北 Taoyuan International Airport(CKS) at abt 6pm. Took turns to go to the washroom. Explore their water dispenser. They are very environmental friendly. Toilet paper, drinking cup were all recycled paper.

Jerine bought a phonecard before we took a limo to Royal Castle (成都大饭店)at 西门町. The driver 小李 was very friendly and helpful. He lent me his phone to make a call back home. I hope I called correctly, otherwise he might need to pay international call fee. He also recommended places to visit and food that we should try.

The car journey took 1.5h. After checking in, we walked abt 8 min to ximending metro station to buy 悠游卡NT500 w deposit of NT100 and any unused amount is refundable. The machines are actually quite easy to use. They're very high-tech, even got money changing machine to change to bigger or smaller notes/coins.

At abt 9pm, we went to 鸭肉扁 for dinner. The 米粉was nice(比新加坡的细)but the 鸭肉was too salty. 但口感确实不错。可能他们的口味较重罢。What amazes me was the machine that the kitchen staff used to send food from the ground floor to the 2nd floor where we had our meal.

We did a bit of shopping after dinner. Their mister donut seems very famous, so we bought that for tml's breakfast. Quite ex though.Can u guess what is this? Books? No......
Ans: Chocolates

I also bought an ice-cream at their 7-eleven store. It's only about SG$1. They're very environmental friendly, no paper bags or plastic bags to carry.

We went back to hotel at abt 11pm to rest.

Overall comment: Taiwan's 民风、习惯深受日本影响。Had a lot of Japanese magazine, manga, environmental conscious(different catergory of rubbish bins, etc), people are very polite(they really bow more than 90 degrees.) The hotel is clean and cosy, staff are helpful too. =)

No comments: